- The discussion forum is a public forum where whatever you write is considered as your opinion and is visible to every Hitwicket user. Therefore, write on the forum in the same manner as you would speak out in public meetings.
- Make the forum a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small.
- Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said. You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people.
- When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just use the 'Report Abuse' button. Action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
- In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content which is found inappropriate. The moderators and the developers take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that could be considered offensive, abusive or hate speech. Even if your comment is posted in jest or humour, it might still seem busive or offensive to some people.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit. Refrain from using words like 'rape', 'rapist', etc. which are also considered obscene.
- Make the effort to put things in the right place. Don’t start a forum post in the wrong category. Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics. Don’t post no-content replies. Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream. Don't post comments unrelated to the topic of discussion. All of these amount to spamming the forum.
- Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button.
Similar rules apply for league talks also. Any person found as a repeat offender in spamming or abusing will banned from posting on Hitwicket temporarily or permanently.